Sunday 2 May 2010

Going Home

Last blog from Malawi and I'm not really sure what to write. I've been trying to think of some neat way to sum up all my feelings and experiences, to conclude the blog.

But I can't. I don't think this is the end of us and Malawi (and won't be the end of the blog) so I'm just going to write about what I can see and hear now and hope that I remember it clearly in years to come.

The evening sun is getting low and beginning to make me squint. Ants are crawling all over my feet and I've just been handed some ropey wine in a dirty glass. A is next to me reading his car magazines and I can hear some gospel singing over the noise of at least 5 different languages (including unreasonably loud American English) chattering here, round the pool in a Lilongwe hotel.

I feel happy, lucky, satisfied and ready to go home.

F x

1 comment:

  1. Rumble produced a short film in Malawi which I'm sure will be of interest to you - bring back some memories! You may have to copy the link into your browser.
    http://www.rumblelimited.tv/malawi

    ReplyDelete