Wednesday 18 November 2009

Dad: Malawi & Monsoons

Dad & Sue's trip was totally action packed. I loved showing them around everything and think (hope) they had a great time. It was only a week so we've fallen down on the traditional 'guest blog spot' but if Dad wants to post something from windy old Swansea all he has to do is e-mail – I'll keep the spot open!

Anyway, we had a fab time. Bit of a mix up (on balance my fault) with bookings into Safari camp but we went to the lake and boiled instead. They saw first hand diesel shortages, water shortages (a woman actually climbed up our wall to ask for water....made me think twice about conditioning my hair in the shower, especially as she was still perched on the wall at the time....), paper making, mango buying, personal taylor services, the dust, the heat and the rains.

Wow the rains. They arrived yesterday. Utter Bliss. The heat was getting unbearable (mid to high 30s) but one huge crack and the water came. I've never never seen the like. The temp dropped, the thunder was right above and the water felt so fresh and cool. Cliché but it actually does smell sweet. If I hadn't had a meeting that afternoon I'd have gone all Andy McDowall and danced like a banshee in the downpour. Roads are now a total state but I'm delighted to be a 'normal' 27 degrees again!
2 weeks and I'll be heading home. Scottish rain will be so boring now (I'll have to make up for it with shopping!).
F x

No comments:

Post a Comment